Social Media Bootcamp
Do you need help with your social networking? Do you think your non-profit is reaching as many people as you want or making as much of an impact as you might like? Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Pinterest are being used more now that ever. Join us in May and June to learn how to make the most of your website, social media and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to get the word out about your community. Don't be left behind! The Social Media Bootcamp is an intensive program that covers everything you need to know from start to finish to create and implement an amazing social media marketing program.
Join us for one, some or all of the classes in the series!
Join us for one, some or all of the classes in the series! All classes will take place at Temple Shalom of Newton, 175 Temple Street, Newton.
Feel free to bring a veggie or dairy "brown-bag" supper if you wish.
Wednesday, May 7 from 6-7:30 p.m.
If you know that Facebook is the fastest growing social media platform on the web and think it could be good for your congregation but you have no idea where to start, our Facebook bootcamp class will get you up and running with your Facebook account in just one night.
In this class you'll learn:
- How to setup a Facebook Page for your congregation.
- How to make your Page as attractive as possible to visitors (to get them to Like your page).
- What to post to your Page and when, plus the types of content that are the most engaging for congregants.
- Why it's important to get people to Like, Share and comment on your posts (and how to encourage that to happen).
- How to measure your Page's success on Facebook.
You do not need to have a Facebook business Page prior to the class, but you should have a personal Facebook profile and be moderately familiar with Facebook concepts for personal use (commenting, Like button, etc.). If you do already have a Facebook Page for your synagogue, we'll help you learn how to get more engagement from your Page.
Monday, May 12 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
If you are intrigued by Twitter and think it could be good for your congregation, but you have no idea where to start, our Twitter Bootcamp will get you up and running with your Twitter account in just one night.
In this class you'll learn:
- How to set up a Twitter account for your non-profit.
- How to make your Twitter profile as visible and attractive as possible to visitors.
- How to find people to follow and encourage them to follow you.
- How to create Tweets that attract the members/congregants you want to find.
- How to use all the features and functionality of Twitter including Retweets, @ mentions, hashtags, and more.
Instagram and Pinterest
Tuesday, May 20 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Instagram is quickly becoming one of the most popular social media platforms. Despite its rapid growth, it appears to challenge many companies and brand managers. Followers want to see authentic, behind-the scenes images that normally can't be viewed through traditional media. They crave creativity, honesty, and intimacy.
Pinterest is a platform that has skyrocketed in size and gotten a lot of attention really quickly. Pinterest is so new that the best practices and suggestions for implementing it as a way to meet congregation objectives have not been fully developed, yet it cannot be ignored. Pinterest is a site that allows users to save images from anywhere on the web along with the links to where they were found. Users can organize the images into virtual bulletin boards or inspiration boards. It's a fun way for people to bookmark information in one place about topics of interest.
- Learn the basics of Pinterest and Instagram functionality.
- Learn who is using these platforms, what they're sharing, and why.
- Explore case studies of how best in class brands use this social media and why it's a must-have element of your media mix.
- Create an Instagram and Pinterest account "creative brief' that outlines what type of content is right for your brand to be sharing.
- Learn the basics of how to create beautiful images that are in-line with your brand personality, but not "spammy" (overt ads or annoying product placements).
- Learn simple, free tools you can use to measure your performance and follower base.
Website and Social Media Integration
Tuesday, May 27 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Communities comment, like, share or follow any and all content that they find interesting via social media. From Facebook, Twitter, Linked-In, Pinterest, blogging, videos on YouTube or any other site we could mention, social media is here to stay. While being active on these must be an essential part of your marketing, it is also important to integrate social media onto your site to connect some of these platforms with your website. This is the most direct, efficient and helpful form of marketing for your business and it also happens to be free or low cost.
Monday, June 2 from 6 to 7:30 p.m.
Don't pay for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) ever again. You can do a better job managing your own SEO than any company ever could. The secret to being successful on google is easy to learn and even easier to implement. Join us for our final Social Media Bootcamp class on SEO and learn the following:
- Discover SEO competitive research techniques, tips and tools to use.
- Learn the basics of SEO and how the major search engines work.
- Extensive SEO keyword research overview.
- Learn how to optimize every page of your website including: MetaTag, keywords, Image Tags, Content Optimization and much more!
- See real examples and case studies of successful SEO programs.
Hope you will join us! All sessions will take place at Temple Shalom of Newton, 175 Temple Street, Newton. Feel free to bring a veggie or dairy "brown-bag" supper if you wish.
Full Series: $100 or Individual Sessions at $25 each. Register Now.