Items That Found A Home
Temple B'nai Israel, Revere
went to Rabbi Karen Landy, senior living
Small Reading Tables
went to Temple Sinai, Marblehead
went to Hebrew Day School
Large Glass-Topped Wooden Display Table
34x22x46", with two drawers for tallesim and yarmulkes
went to Walnut St. Synagogue, Chelsea
holds two Torahs
went to Revere Historical archives
Flags on Stands
1 Israeli, 2 American
2 flags went to the Satter House, 1 American, 1 Israeli.
The other American flag will stay and the Israel flag will go with the torah to Kenya
Montefiore Synagogue, Lowell
Reading Desk from Temple Shalom of Newton
wide enough for 2 people, wired for 2 microphones, has a step that slides underneath
Ark Curtains (parokhet)
Three, navy velvet with gold trim, dark red velvet with gold trim with matching valance, cream velvet with gold trim, with matching valance
2 — 1navy, 1 deep red, 22x33 inches
Pews, from Congregation Tifereth Israel, Revere
There are still a great many pews left to be claimed in Tifereth Israel, Revere. They are solid oak, 100 years old, with a Star of David on each end, and prayerbook holders on the backs. There are a number of different lengths that seat 4, 5, 6 or 8 people.
We would prefer that these go to one or more Jewish homes, but are open to the possibility of another destination, such as a church. Whatever remain will, sadly, be demolished in the spring when the building is torn down. So using them for reclaimed wood is a last option.
Megillah of Esther
scribed by hand, in carved olivewood case
Where is it now?
These were sent to a rabbi in Toronto who heads the Federation for Jewish Advancement, a group that distributes such items to synagogues in need around the world.
22x24x31”, teal blue velvet table covering for
bimah table with gold braid and tassels.
Hutchings Plaisted and Company
tracker action pipe organ (OP 48, 1874)
It was originally installed in Roxbury but moved to Brookline in 1916.
Temple Sinai, Brookline started a major renovation project in June, 2017.
As a part of that, the organ in their sanctuary has been removed and found a new home.
Maavar Reaches across the Ocean
Temple Shaarei Tefillah was founded in 1908 by residents of Norwood MA. For more than 100 years, the shul was the center of Jewish life in Norwood MA. But changing demographics caused them pick up stakes, moving first to a temple in Canton and then closing altogether.
By the time Maavar was founded, only two objects were left: a beautiful handmade portable ark and a sefer Torah. Through Maavar both of these found new homes far from their original location.
The Torah—one of four that Shaare Tefillah had—has just left on a journey to Poland, where it will be used by Beit Polska, an umbrella national community of 10 congregations that are, in turn, members of the World Union for Progressive Judaism. The Norwood leaders had previously sent three other Torahs to Spain, France and Hungary. It is also worth noting that Beit Polska recently received a Torah from another Massachusetts synagogue, Central Reform Temple in Boston.
The portable ark has found its way, through Maavar, to New York City, where it serves minyanim that meet at Congregation Ansche Chesed on the Upper West Side. They needed an ark that could fit into an elevator and travel back and forth in the building!
Temple Beth Am, Randolph has found a spot in their new home for this beautiful work of art. At The Wall
Israel, mid 20th centurySterling, applied filigree23 inches, Not engraved